Some homeowners spend a lot of money because o faucets because they seem to change it several times in just one year. You need to make sure that you only invest in quality ones in order for it to last you several years. You may follow MyHomeNeedz.com to understand better about different kitchen faucets.
Aside from that, you need to determine the other features you want. There are many things to consider. For example, do you have children? If so, you will need a pull-down spout for them to be able to use the faucet. Try to list down some of the things you are looking for, and read the tips below to help you with your choice. When you are done with that, you can check out some reviews of the best faucets found here before finalizing your choice.
- Make sure it has the same number of holes as your old one – Before you buy a new kitchen faucet, one of the featured you need to look for while canvassing is the number of holes and handles. Take a look at the deck on your kitchen sink and take note of how many holes and handles it has. It would be waste of time if you just buy whatever you fancy only to find out that you cannot install it on your kitchen sink.
- Choose a design or finish that matches the other fixtures in your kitchen – Although this is not done by all homeowners, you might still want to consider it. It’s a way of ensuring that the style you wanted for your kitchen is still kept. Look at the finish of the other things in your kitchen, including the kitchen pulls and handles. Choose a finish that is the same as the existing ones in your kitchen. There are many finishes available in the market, from chrome to stainless to bronze. Do your research to know which one is best.
- Look for faucets with several spray options – If you are one of those people who is not satisfied with just one spray option, make sure to buy a faucet that has added spray features. You want a stream and spray option especially when you are getting rid of food stuck in the plates.
- Choose quality – It might be tempting to just buy the cheapest one you find in the store. But take note that foregoing quality for price might mean that you will have to replace that faucet after a short time. It may start to rust or even have cracks, etc.
- Check out the length of the hose – While the kitchen faucet is primarily used for cleaning kitchen utensils, the added features can have certain advantages. For example, if you have a longer hose for your faucet, you can actually use it to water some plants that are near your kitchen. Also, if you have a deep and large sink, you will need a longer house in order to be able to clean the bottom of the sink.